Caregivers, we see you. We are so fortunate to encounter caregivers daily. We have the opportunity to work with them, talk with them and listen to them. They care so much for their children that they come first in their life no matter the circumstance. Since it is National Family Caregivers Month, we wanted to take the time to share other blogs that are written by caregivers because they are the ones that know best. The presidential proclamation for this special month states:
“Whereas, the primary source of community-based services and the cornerstone of our long-term care system are care recipients’ family members, friends and neighbors who help their loved ones maintain their independence and their quality of life; and…according to the National Alliance for Caregiving, there are roughly 67 million family or informal caregivers in the United States…”. You are not alone.
We find that blogs provide a feeling of community, offer support and contain some great tools. Whether you are caring for your child, your spouse, you parent, a friend or anyone else in your life, please take some time for yourself to check out these resources! Thank you for all that you do, it does not go unnoticed!
• Family Caregiver Alliance- https://www.caregiver.org/caregiver-stories?page=1
• Different Dream- https://differentdream.com/blog/
• Caregiver Action Network- https://caregiveraction.org/resources/caregiver-stories
• Mommies of Miracles- http://www.mommiesofmiracles.com/mi-rare-cle/index.html
Also, here are some tips to help take care of yourself, because in order to care for others, you need to take care of yourself first!
• Preventative care- such as annual physical
• Ask for help where you can
• Get support- Right here at TOPS we offer a support group for parents the last Monday of each month from 6:00- 7:30!
Again, you are invaluable, and we appreciate everything you do!